Bulletin 21 - Make your vote count - issued 15 December 2021
The ballot for the proposed Northern Territory Public Sector 2021 – 2025 Enterprise Agreement closes at 10.00 am on Friday 17 December 2021.
Thank you to all employees for engaging with the bargaining process and who have already voted.
The proposed agreement provides for a range of significantly improved employment conditions, including leave entitlements and job certainty:
- Improved compassionate leave provisions
- 5 days for immediate family or household member
- 3 days for extended family member (ie aunt, uncle, cousin) or in the case of miscarriage
- Improved overtime provisions where overtime worked spans midnight
- Improvements for parents
- right to return from parental leave on a part-time basis
- Employer superannuation contributions paid at double the legislated rate during a period of paid Primary Caregiver leave or Special Maternity Leave (stillbirth)
- Minimum daily engagement period for casual employees of 3 hours
- No reduction to current or future employee rights and entitlements
These improvements cannot be passed on unless the agreement is approved by the majority of employees who vote.
All employees are entitled to vote. You do not have to be a union member to participate in the ballot.
If you haven’t already voted I encourage you to take part in the ballot by casting your vote. Every vote is important and can make a difference.
If the majority of employees who vote, vote YES and the Fair Work Commission approve the agreement, it will replace the current agreement. Employees will receive the 3 days Christmas Closedown provisions this year, and the first $4,000 lump sum (gross) to be paid in January 2022.
If the vote isn’t supported, the current agreement will continue to apply and there will be no changes and no lump sum payments or new Christmas Closedown leave.
Northern Territory Electoral Commission
For those of you who haven’t voted a reminder email with the link to vote was emailed to you by NTEC yesterday.
If you haven’t received an email to vote, or need assistance to vote, please contact NTEC on 8999 7641.
The NTEC ballot process ensures that all employee personal details remain confidential, and that voting preferences cannot be identified.
Links to the proposed agreement, explanatory notes and relevant documents referenced in the proposed agreement are available in Bulletin 17. There should also be hard copies available in your workplace.
For further information on the proposed agreement, the explanatory notes or the ballot process, please contact OCPE on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8999 4282.
Vicki Telfer PSM
Commissioner for Public Employment
15 December 2021
Last updated: 04 May 2022
Share this page:URL copied!