Bulletin 5 - Negotiations - an update - issued 22 June 2021
Parties continue to meet weekly to discuss claims and proposals and to draft the new enterprise agreement to make it easier for employees to understand.
I am pleased to report further improvements to existing conditions have been agreed ‘in principle’, on a without prejudice basis and subject to drafting clauses, between the parties including:
- compassionate leave (3 days) where employee or their partner experiences miscarriage
- a minimum engagement period for casual employees
- for veterans - access to war service leave for a subsequent disability.
Based on progress to date, I am hopeful that all claims and proposals will have been discussed by early July. At that time, I will consider my position in relation to the new enterprise agreement as a ‘total package’ and finalise a proposal for consideration by early August 2021.
The above improvements build on my other proposals for the proposed new NTPS General Enterprise Agreement, including:
- $4000 over four years (superannuation applies)
- more benefits for flexible work
- 3 days paid compassionate leave on the death of an extended family member
- paid leave to attend NAIDOC week activities
Let’s stick together, keep job certainty and keep working for Territorians.
Have your say – your feedback is important
Should you wish to express a view on the proposals or make a suggestion, you can provide your feedback to me by emailing email@example.com
Regular bargaining updates will be posted to the OCPE webpage at Enterprise agreement negotiations – General NTPS.
Vicki Telfer PSM
Commissioner for Public Employment
22 June 2021
Last updated: 04 May 2022
Share this page:URL copied!