Bulletin 5 - Improved proposal - issued 17 November 2021
I am pleased to advise that on 3 November 2021, I made an offer to settle the Teachers and Assistant Teachers' Enterprise Agreement negotiations. We have worked hard and listened to your feedback and to the unions' claims and issues to arrive at a balanced offer, which seeks to provide good improvements for all employees.
The table below summarises the details of the 'without prejudice' offer, but if you wanted to read the details of the offer, you can also read the details of the offer .
Summary of the offer
- $1,000 bonus per annum
- $4000 over 4 years
- Counts for superannuation*
*Employer superannuation guarantee is applicable to the lump sum payment. Due to the rules of the defined benefit schemes, employer superannuation guarantee is not applicable to the lump sum paid to NTGPASS and CSS members.
Commitment if changes in the Wages Policy
- Should there be a change to the NT Government's Wages Policy during the term of the agreement that provides for additional benefits above those contained in this offer (such as an increase to salaries above the value of the lump sum payment) these will be passed on through a determination.
Improvements to leave provisions
- Compassionate leave:
Increased from 3 to 5 days for immediate family or household member.
- Compassionate leave:
New provision for 3 days paid leave on the occasion of the death of an extended family member (eg. aunt, uncle, cousin) or in the case of miscarriage.
- Domestic and family violence leave provisions (uncapped paid leave):
Extended to include sexual violence outside the domestic setting.
- NAIDOC leave:
Up to 3 hours of paid leave per annum to attend a NAIDOC march and approved activities, where TOIL or flextime are not available.
- Gender transition leave:
- Support for eligible employees who wish to transition their gender.
- Access up to 12 months leave, inclusive of 4 weeks paid and 48 weeks unpaid leave.
- Improved war service leave to allow access to this leave for a subsequent war service injury.
- Improved paid leave for voluntary emergency management activities to cover reasonable rest time.
- Include leave by-law provisions in the agreement (eg. blood donation leave, defence leave, leave to engage in voluntary emergency management activities, jury service leave).
- Health screening leave:
- Improved provision.
- 2 hours paid leave per year for the purpose of undertaking a health screening test associated with a public health screening program.
New kinship obligation leave
- Definition of kinship to be included in the agreement.
- 5 days paid leave per annum to attend Sorry Business or related purposes.
Foster and kinship carer's leave
- 2 days paid leave to attend permanent care order interviews.
Improvements for parents
- Double superannuation guarantee payments for during paid parental leave for the primary carer.
- Payment of superannuation guarantee for unpaid parental leave for partners, up to 12 months.
- Builds on current generous paid parental leave provisions (14 weeks after 12 months service, 18 weeks after 5 years services).
- New pre-natal leave provision:
Up to 8 hours paid leave for pregnancy related medical appointments.
- Improved provision for employees returning from parental leave:
Right to return on a part-time basis for at least 6 months, where the employee so choses (replacing 'right to request').
- Permanent care:
Improved to provide 2 days paid leave to attend permanent care order interviews.
- Pre-adoption leave:
Improved to provide paid leave to attend interviews or examinations required in order to obtain approval for the employee's adoption of a child.
Electricity subsidy remote localities
- Electricity subsidy to apply to all remote localities, not just Borroloola.
Assistant Teacher incremental progression
- Enable Assistant Teachers to progress through their increments, based on equivalent experience as determined by the CEO.
Stand down/non-term time
- The agreement will include a clause specifying eligibility.
- The agreement will include a clause that underpins my commitment to ongoing employment.
Flexible work improvements
- Ability to purchase up to 8 weeks additional leave per year (currently 6 weeks) and can be taken in shorter periods under rebranded flexible lifestyle (purchased) leave.
- All requests for flexible work, regardless of the circumstances, will require a response from the CEO (or delegate) within 21 days and may only be refused on reasonable business grounds.
Have your say -Your feedback is important
Should you wish to express a view on the proposals or make a suggestion, you can provide your feedback to me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's stick together, keep job certainty and keep working for Territorians.
Last updated: 10 May 2022
Share this page:URL copied!