LGBTIQ+ inclusion in the workplace
The Northern Territory Public Sector (NTPS) is committed to:
- supporting all employees, and
- creating a workforce that better reflects the diversity of the community we serve.
With 11% of the Northern Territory population identifying as LGBTIQ+, we strive to ensure workplaces are:
- inclusive and supportive of all employees
- safe and everyone is welcome to bring their whole selves to work.
The NTPS has a strong commitment to fostering a culture of:
- diversity and gender equality
- supporting and celebrating everyone in the LGBTIQ+ community in our workforce.
Find out more about support you can get from our memberships.
Diversity Council of Australia
The NTPS are members of the Diversity Council of Australia.
Go to their website to read more about:
Pride in Diversity
The NTPS are also members of Pride in Diversity.
Find out more about dedicated specialists who are focussed on improving health and wellbeing of LGBTIQ+ people.
Services offered include:
- human resources
- organisational change, and
- workplace diversity.
They aim to reduce the following in the workplace:
- homophobia, and
- stigma in the workplace.
Everyone should be able to go to work and be open and honest about who they are without:
- fear of being bullied, or
- being discriminated against.
By making improvements to the workplace, it will lead to:
- increased engagement and career satisfaction, and
- more open and respectful relationships with colleagues.
Last updated: 10 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!