New Merit Selection E-learn package now available on MyLearning
OCPE has produced a new Merit Selection eLearning package ideal for our regional and remote employees needing to refresh their skills in recruitment. Please allow approximately 60 minutes for completion of the course.
Merit selection training is compulsory in the NTPS. Panel members must have completed the merit selection training within the past three years.
Merit selection training is suitable for all NTPS employees regardless of experience, level or classification.
Half-day face-to-face training, facilitated by subject matter experts from the Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment (OCPE) is offered across the NT each year.
eLearning is available for employees who wish to refresh their merit selection knowledge in their own time, however the face-to-face training is recommended by the Commissioner.
The NTPS aims to build a diverse, agile and engaged workforce that is able to deliver government priorities and provide high quality service to Territorians. After completing merit selection training, panel members will:
- have the knowledge and skills to undertake a compliant recruitment process
- understand the merit principle and how skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications, and potential for future development are assessed
- be able to assess applications quickly and efficiently
- be able to recognise conflicts of interest and minimise perceptions of bias
- be able to document the outcome in the selection report and understand the importance of the Selection Outcome Advice for All Applicants (SOAFAA).
The new eLearning package is available at MyLearning website