NTPS Aboriginal employee mentor program
The Northern Territory Public Sector (NTPS) Aboriginal Employee Mentor Program (AEMP) is a key initiative within the NTPS Aboriginal Employment and Career Development Strategy 2015-2020 .
The AEMP is a 12 month program designed to support the mentee’s personal and professional goals by matching them with a suitable mentor. The mentor will undertake a two day training workshop and the mentee a one day training workshop to help prepare them for the AEMP mentoring journey.
To be eligible to become a mentor, you must:
- be an NTPS employee at the Administration Officer 5 classification (or equivalent and above)
- be able to attend the two day mentor training workshop
- be culturally inclusive, passionate, motivated and willing to mentor others
- complete the Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment’s (OCPE) ‘Foundational Cross Cultural Story’ e-Learn.
Nominations are now open for those that are interested in becoming a mentor for the AEMP and meet the above criteria.
To celebrate the launch of the AEMP, the program will commence with a series of two day mentor workshops free of charge to agencies. This will allow the program to build a pool of trained and registered mentors, before commencing the mentee workshops.
The scheduled workshops are as follows (please note they are limited to 20 places):
- Alice Springs: Tuesday 6 and Wednesday 7 August 2019
- Darwin (1): Thursday 8 and Friday 9 August 2019
- Darwin (2): Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 September 2019
Please complete the nomination form below and submit to email@example.com by COB Monday 29 July 2019:
Last updated: 03 July 2019