Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Performance management workshop
This workshop is designed to give you an understanding of the NTPS performance management system and how to apply it.
It will help you to constructively address performance and build your confidence when giving performance feedback in the workplace.
The key outcomes for this workshop are to:
- understand the aim, purpose and scope of activities involved in the NTPS performance management system
- understand the governance of
performance management in the NTPS including PSEMA
- understand the relationship between performance management and managing under-performance
- understand the role of a leader or manager in the administration of performance management
- understand the role of the employee in the administration of performance management.
When giving and receiving feedback you should understand:
- the role of feedback in the staff management process
- how this links from individual performance to the broader objectives of the agency
- the feedback process and cycle
- how to define staff responsibilities in measurable terms
- how to describe the results and behaviours expected from individuals
- the importance of credibility in giving feedback
- how to engage staff to ensure their commitment, motivation and ownership
- the metrics used to measure and monitor staff performance
- how to structure and deliver feedback effectively
- employees responsibilities regarding feedback
- how to avoid common traps and challenges in providing feedback.
Pre course requirements
You should read the following before starting this course:
- Employment instruction 3 (Natural Justice)
- Employment instruction 4 (Performance Management)
- Employment instruction 9 (Employment Records)
- Employment instruction 12 (Code of Conduct)
- Employment instruction 13 (Appropriate Workplace Behaviour)
- Guide to giving and receiving performance feedback
- Capability Leadership Framework relevant to your current level
- relevant agency performance management templates and guidelines.
This program is ideal for managers and supervisors AO5 and above, who are now or may in future be responsible for performance management.
This is an introductory program and therefore may not be suitable for those with extensive prior people management experience.
Refer to the Training calendar for a nomination form.