Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Practical public policy design in the NTPS
This program was developed to assist NTPS managers design and deliver good public policy. Actual examples of NTPS policy are used in the program to make it more relevant.
As part of this program you will:
- explore best practice approaches to policy issue analysis; evidence based development and the inter-relatedness of policy instruments
- consider techniques for effective stakeholder engagement; policy implementation and the importance of continuous improvement and evaluation processes
- investigate and focus on developing robust policy in a highly contestable public sector environment and in times of fiscal austerity.
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
- identify various categories of public policy
- apply systems thinking to policy development
- understand the importance of targeted, evidence based policy analysis
- identify effective strategies for developing policy in a highly contestable public sector environment
- describe the stages of the Althaus et al policy development cycle
- apply appropriate strategies at each stage of the policy development cycle.
Refer to the Training calendar for a nomination form.