Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Public sector management program
The Public Sector Management Program is a joint venture between the Commonwealth, State and Local Governments across Australia. The Program is designed to enhance the existing knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours of middle and senior managers in order to improve public sector outcomes. The PSM Program is the management development program of choice for public sector managers. Some points about PSM Program:
- a distinctive curriculum developed by academic and public sector experts
- focused on a dynamic mix of contemporary government case studies and challenging theory exercises
- a flexible and dynamic study option designed specifically for mid-level managers from across all tiers of government and the NGO sector
- a national program tailored to each jurisdiction by integrating relevant case studies, policies and local speakers
- a Graduate Certificate in Business (Public Sector Management) and pathway for further post-graduate programs including QUT’s Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or the Master of Business and other universities with PSM articulation agreements
- this is an employer sponsored program and funded by the local, state and Commonwealth Public Sector Agency, focusing on building public sector capabilities.
The program develops participant’s understanding of the role of the business of government and develops their management capacity to:
- understand and effectively manage the business of government
- think systematically in an ambiguous and contestable world
- be accountable and held to account
- become reflective practitioners
- manage relationships for customer and business outcomes
- enable self and others for productivity and performance.
This course is for highly motivated public sector and NGO staff, for example;
- existing and new managers/supervisors and/or those managing complex groups of stakeholders
- senior managers who are new to the public service/NGO
- professionals in transition to management (e.g teachers, lawyers or engineers who have assumed management responsibility)
- managers with cross jurisdictional responsibilities or NGO managers who deliver government services.
- participants must be sponsored by their employer.
Read the QUT entry requirements.
Nominations are currently being sought for the 2017 Darwin and Alice Springs Cohorts for the Public Sector Management Program. If you are a public servant based in the Northern Territory interested in nominating please contact your agency learning and development team for further information.
- Alice Springs program 13 February 2017
- Darwin program 26 June 2017.
Dates for the 2017 program have been confirmed and can be viewed here .
Contact the program manager on 08 8999 4275 or email@example.com for nomination information.
Contact QUT for program information on 1800 145 041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to the QUT website for information about the course outline and course costs.