Workforce planning and the NTPS

Workforce planning in the NTPS recognises that our people – and the capabilities they bring – are our key asset in delivering for the Government and Territorians.  Strategic workforce planning considers the operational and strategic business drivers and puts the workforce into this frame, supporting agencies to deliver.

The NTPS Workforce Strategy 2021-2026 puts our customers at the centre of all that we deliver for Territorians.

The Strategy represents a sector wide view on the capabilities commonly required across all agencies to tackle immediate and emerging challenges, and highlights four key areas of focus through to 2026:

  1. Delivering excellence: attracting and retaining the right people in the right place at the right time
  2. Leadership and culture: customers always at our centre and inspiring our employees to excel
  3. Committed and capable: growing and enabling our employees
  4. Planning for our future: creating a sustainable workforce.

The Strategy identifies a suite of actions under each of the focus areas. The Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment will work with agencies to coordinate delivery of key outputs across the service. Agencies will continue to implement initiatives in line with existing or future workforce planning processes.  The work of the strategy does not replace agency-level strategic and operational planning processes. The strategy is designed to support agencies to identify and build the workforce and capabilities needed for the future.

The 2015-2020 Human Capital plan provided a robust but flexible framework that helped identify high-level trends and developments that affected the sector’s ability to deliver against the strategic priorities set by government. The Human Capital Plan was complemented by a companion background paper.

Human Capital Plan PDF (1.1 MB)
Human Capital Plan background paper PDF (661.5 KB)

Last updated: 23 June 2021

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!