The Department of Health has advised that vulnerable employees are public servants:
- with compromised immune systems (such as people who have cancer)
- with chronic medical conditions
- who are pregnant
- over the age of 60, particularly when combined with a chronic medical condition
- who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, particularly over the age of 50
- with vulnerable people living in their household.
Priority to work from home is given to vulnerable employees.
They are at greater risk of contracting COVID-19.
If you are a vulnerable employee, you must provide medical evidence or other supporting documentation.
What to do
Discuss your situation with your manager.
Consider alternative working arrangements to reduce your exposure to risk such as:
- other duties
- working from another location
- work from home
- other safe arrangements.
Get the personal action plan if you are vulnerable.
You can also consider taking:
- recreation leave
- recreation leave at half pay
- long service leave
- personal leave if you are unwell.
Last updated: 24 April 2020
Share this page:URL copied!