Performance management workshop
This program aims to provide managers with knowledge of the NTPS performance management system, how it is applied and how to effectively give and receive feedback. This program assists participants to constructively address performance and build individual confidence in giving performance feedback in the workplace.
- Understand the aim, purpose / intent and scope of activities involved in Performance Management
as it applies to the NTPS
- Be conversant with the governance of performance management in the NTPS (including PSEMA
- Understand the relationship between Performance Management and Managing Under Performance
- Understand the role of a leader / manager in the administration of Performance Management
- Understand the role of the employee in the administration of Performance Management
Giving and Receiving Performance Feedback
- Understand the role of feedback in the staff management process, and how this links from individual performance to the broader objectives of the agency and the feedback process / cycle
- Define staff responsibilities in measurable terms, describing the results and the behaviours that are
expected from individuals
- Understand the importance of credibility in giving feedback, and engaging staff in a manner that
results in commitment, motivation and ownership
- Identify the metrics that can be used to measure and monitor staff performance
- Structure and deliver feedback effectively, including having honest conversations about the standard and or quality of outcomes understanding a manager’s and employee’s responsibilities for feedback
- Recognise and avoid common traps and challenges in providing feedback and consider tips and
techniques to handle difficult conversations.
In preparation for this course please familiarise yourself with the following documentation:
Last updated: 31 January 2018
Share this page:URL copied!